Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Beauty Through My Eyes ~ The Rainy Day

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's 
handwriting." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Taking time for beauty makes us better; whether observing the beauty of creation, being moved by great music, seeing the world through poetry or being transported by a painting. There is joy to be found in the organic rhythm of beauty all around us. The more we open ourselves to appreciating beauty the more we will see it. Let me share with you a taste of the beautiful, I hope it will touch and enrich your heart.

The Rainy Day

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the moldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.


My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the moldering Past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast
And the days are dark and dreary.


Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

Nothing goes with a melancholy mood like the words of my favorite poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Just the right mixture of wistful sorrow touched by hope. I'm thankful for beautiful words that give shape to emotion and thought.

Do you have a favorite poet, perhaps one you turn to when you're searching for words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!