Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A journey of thanks and faith

I'm taking long sips of summer sun from Alabama days. The air is heavy and perfumed with gardenia and honeysuckle. Delicious breezes whisper to us from over the water, carrying the hint of salt water and the dream of dolphins playing in the bay. Unfortunately allergies are in full bloom along with the mimosa and magnolia trees. We're eating dark purple cherry tomatoes, squash, green beans, jalapeno peppers, and all kinds of herbs from the garden. To top it all off the sparkle of a now four year old gives the southern sun a run for it's money!
Sun peaking through the fingers of a pecan grove.

Chris, Max and Maggie enjoying an evening stroll down an Alabama back road.

Garden spider zipping up his web in hopes of dinner.

The fruits of labor.

Zenias from a friend showing off their color.

I love the color of these sweet tomatoes.

Sunshine girl!
My heart is pregnant with hope this week. I see God drawing people to himself with mercy, people who have not understood his truth before. And my foot is poised at a doorway of faith for Serbia. It is time to ask the government permission to visit the institutions there. I'm praying for doors to swing wide and to be given favor. Join me in prayerful trust won't you?

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3

I would love to hear from you. What blessings from our Father's hand are you soaking up this week? What are you trusting him for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!