Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, May 25, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Opportunity

How is it Friday already? I have no idea, but it is and it's time to link up with Lisa Jo and her Five Minute Friday gang. Today we're talking about, Opportunity:

Go:

Sometimes it feels like an interruption, the appearance of two straggly neighbor children, but it's really an opportunity. The house turned upside down and little mouths speaking like hardened cynics, or worse, but Jesus whispers "love them."

My garden is a gangly mess at times, a fight with worms to reclaim what's rightfully mine, a time consuming chore. But the fruit is a chance to give away love and draw curious children in for a conversation and it still teaches me. An opportunity hides in it's tangled vines.

A whole country looms far away and it beckons louder each week. A chance for terror turns into an opportunity for trust. A missional call illuminates the opportunity to footprint walk, follow Jesus more closely than before.

Each time life unfolds I have a choice, push away or embrace.  

Stop

What are the things that annoy or frighten you? I know in my day I have plenty of things I see as a distraction or discouragement. In Jesus' hands anything can be turned into a burning bush, if we give him access. It's not my nature to see the opportunity tucked inside a looming obstacle, but I've seen Jesus turn even the most challenging circumstances into opportunities to praise him, and I'm beginning live differently.

"Be very careful, then, how you live —not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is." Ephesians 5:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!