Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Work of Preparation

There are desires, big and small, that lay deep in my heart at various stages of fulfillment. A published book, relief for orphans, holiness, a thriving garden, discipled children, a well ordered home, knowledge of the Word, healthy relationships, all are works in progress.

Rarely are the deepest desires of our heart's granted in one moment without participation on our part for their fulfillment. One of the things the items in my list all have in common is preparation. Certainly God accomplishes the good in our lives, but he invites us to participate.
It's tempting to long for the dreams of our heart right NOW! But more often than not the ministry, book, degree, career, education, health, understanding, godly children, etc. that we desire are works in progress, demanding preparation and devotion.

I find it tempting at times, when something has taken longer than I can bear, to quit and move on to a new task, leaving things unfinished. But that's not God's desire for us, or satisfying. Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

What desire has God given to you that you are in the preparation stages of? How do you remain faithful, preparing for a good harvest?

Linking up with The Grace Cafe:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!