Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Ache

Today at The Gypsy Mama we're joining together for five minutes to write about; Ache.

Go:

The ache is always the same. It simmers under the surface, polishing each perfect moment with it's hum. In the harder moments, at night, through tears, it throbs like an old splinter embedded deep in my heart.

The knowledge that I was made for more, you were made for more. Homesick for a country that's our heritage. Longing for the birthright kept for us in an unseen place.

The ache beats more deeply at the witnessing of sin's deep gash of graffiti marring all of creation. It's hurts almost uncontrollably at the brokenness the cries out from wounded eyes.

The ache is no less strong though in those breathtaking moments that pause in a perfect standstill. Lemon butterfly wings beating out joy in soft southern air. Pools of laughing blue delight twinkling at me in love from my daughter's face. Music that swells in a moment of pure transportation, right up to the edge of the land I'm straining for.

I was born with the ache of home and will be possessed by it until the day I leave this world to claim my prize!
Stop.

"If we can see through the fog and picture our eternal home in our mind's eye, it will comfort and energize us." Randy Alcorn

As is evidenced by the name of my blog, I'm ever aware that I'm far from home, a traveler. Nothing gives me hope like the promise that this world isn't all there is. We're destined for a resurrected world, at home with Jesus.

Wherever you find yourself today, the sweet ache of joy or the bitter ache of sorrow, I hope you find comfort and energy in the promise that your inheritance in Jesus includes a home with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!