Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, March 5, 2012

I hope

I hope this week you find rest like a child, even in the midst of busy days and heavy responsibility. Lean back on the arms of Grace that speak the "I've got you" strength of a father. All the lists in the world can't define you, or the completion of their tasks. Look for a cozy corner and dream like an innocent under dancing dragonflies.
I hope your days drip sunshine and ring with golden laughter. Even if you're in the snowy north. Laughter and joy can be as much of a discipline as contemplation and silence, and certainly just as necessary. May you make space to search for the shimmering moments, and soak them up.
I hope each day your face is set to the dazzling sunshine. I hope you meet it's bold gaze of glory like a warrior and it's brilliance burns it's way into your heart. I hope your feet are set on fire and you run headlong into glory. Knowing it's fire consumes, may you chase the light anyway.
I hope that this week your days are lived out with the knowledge that God's word is a lamp to your feet so that you won't stumble in darkness. That his love is satisfaction richer than any food. May you remember that worship fuels action and silence fuels intimacy. I hope that every opportunity to commune with your Love is taken and moments of thanksgiving are embraced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!