Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, September 17, 2012

More Than Enough

I feel like whispering instead of shouting which is a little odd given the news I have to share. I can only imagine it's because I am truly humbled by God's generosity and yours.

God has supplied $2,600 for the trip to Serbia, and there is more on the way! At least $400 more has been promised. Not only has God provided enough, he's given even more!

The extra from travel expenses will be used on the trip to buy supplies for the residents of Dom Veternik.

Perhaps I feel quiet and introspective because now the enormous task of following Jesus into uncharted territory looms ahead. Or because I truly feel solemn to be included in the plans God has for loving others. How do you prepare your heart to meet and bond with people who live on the other side of the world?

Maybe it's because I know my own frail humanity, my weaknesses and fears, maybe I know this is the most intense thing I've ever attempted and I know it will take complete surrender and trust to follow in Jesus' footsteps.

Whatever the reason, as much as I am excited I'm intensely humbled. Thank you friends for loving with me. For taking the time to hear Jesus in my sometimes garbled words, for dreaming and imagining with me, for showing me what generosity looks like!

I shouldn't be surprised. Jesus is always more than enough!

(To learn more about our trip to Serbia read go to my Journey to Serbia page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!