Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Beauty Through My Eyes

 "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's 
handwriting." Ralph Waldo Emerson


Taking time for beauty makes us better; whether observing the beauty of creation, being moved by great music, seeing the world through poetry or being transported by a painting. There is joy to be found in the organic rhythm of beauty all around us. The more we open ourselves to appreciating beauty the more we will see it. Let me share with you a taste of the beautiful, I hope it will touch and enrich your heart.
The Return of Spring
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
 
Now Time throws off his cloak again
Of ermined frost, and wind, and rain,
And clothes him in the embroidery
Of glittering sun and clear blue sky.

With beast and bird the forest rings,
Each in his jargon cries or sings;
And Time throws off his cloak again.
Of ermined frost, and wind, and rain.

River, and fount, and tinkling brook
Wear in their dainty livery
Drops of silver jewelry;
In new-made suit they merry look;

And Time throws off his cloak again
Of ermined frost, and wind, and rain. 

Longfellow has long been one of my favorites. Whenever I turn to him I can always count on 
being transported. In southern Alabama we're in the throws of summer but I appreciated this colorful description of earth transformed. Wherever you are this week, I hope you experience your own metamorphosis, a waking up of joy and casting off of the old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!