Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, February 10, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Trust

I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo again for Five Minute Friday. The prompt today, so appropriate for me, is: Trust.

Go:

There must have been a moment Abraham hesitated. The years of trusting, and faltering, the moment of laughter, the birth of a promise held and treasured in grizzled arms.

Now the contradiction. Sacrifice his only son, heir to a nation, joy of his heart? But that is what God had asked. And Abraham obeyed, the very next morning.

There's a place on a mountain in Moriah that remembers the father and son, a knife, an alter, and a ram. A place of supreme trust and obedience, because the two always go hand in hand. A forgotten spot that saw Jehovah Jireh provide.

A whisper of the moment the Father would provide a Lamb for all sons. He wouldn't spare his own.

Stop.

The only place in the Bible the name Jehovah Jireh is recorded, is right here on God's mountain of salvation (Genesis 22). God was showing us all that he could be trusted to provide salvation. Everything else we can possibly need is secondary.

How is God asking you to trust him? I shared yesterday where I'm growing in trust. If God has provided his own dear Son for us, won't he also provide everything else we need. Let's step out and trust him together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!