Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, June 22, 2013

I'm Embracing Change!

I'm not sure exactly what happened between the last blog post and now, but I think I've actually started a new blog!

My last blog post, An Accidental Mama, resonated with me so much that I felt like there was more to the story. I like risk and change. (I know, my husband thinks I'm weird too) So I decided to explore it!

I've LOVED my last couple of years here on Beck Far From Home. In the process of writing about home and the longing for it, I found I had really been home all along. My heart has it's dwelling in God. I will be far, in a sense, from my heavenly home for the rest of my earthly life. But I don't feel an urgent restlessness to ponder and wrestle with my homelessness like I once did.

Fittingly one of the last blog posts to be written here is entitled Finding Home. I'm satisfied.

Actually As I look over the last three posts I'm amazed. God is bringing me full circle in my life in so many areas. I've found a home. I'm embarking on a new journey of pursuing writing. and income, for the first time in years. And I'm discovering that while I didn't intend to become a mama, God had plans for my good far greater than I could foresee. I'm ready to explore what it means to pursue my calling in the throws of motherhood.

Now all that's left to do is say thank you. Thank you for journeying with me and supporting me as I practiced my faith and played with words! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your journey as well. And to invite you to join me over at The Accidental Mama, it's not your ordinary mommy blog! See you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!