Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, February 13, 2012

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

I'm sporadic in recording my list of gifts but Jesus is constantly teaching me to live with a thankful heart. Recognized gifts turn into gratitude and gratitude crystallizes into joy. This week my heart bubbles over with joy for so many things, things like:

251. Words of challenge and encouragement from ones I love. God uses them to remind me who I've been called to be.
252. A bright eyed boy that fills my heart with laughter and pride.
253.The privilege of worship, reminding me I could never be worthy to come into God's presence on my own.
 254. The love of these two; I'm so thankful for how she looks up to her 'bubby' and how kindly he treats his little sister.
255. The gift of home, a place where we all tuck in cozy, a place of beauty, a place that contains the ones I love.
 256. A lovely gift from a friend. When I see the three eggs I pray for my children. And I pray God will one day give me the desires of my heart by bring our third little bird home to our nest, wherever they may be.
257.  For a vase of soft pink tulips, reminding me that I'm loved more than I deserve.
258. For blossoms in February. 
 259. For the word of God that washes my mind clean of lies and my heart clean of fear. 
260. For love; spoken over my life by God, given freely by my family, and flowing out of me but only by his grace.

This week of Valentine's what expressions of love in your life are you most thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!