Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, December 9, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Color

I'm joining up with The Gypsy Mama this morning to splatter words on a page of delight. What a fabulous prompt she has for us this Five Minute Friday, looking forward to reading lots of great posts on: Color

Go:

I'm ashamed, I turn my eyes away from the red pain oozing from the chest of my fellow man. It is inconvenient and uncomfortable to see the colors of mercy. Colors undetectable with the naked eye of man. Colors only visible through the white hot searing presence of the Holy Spirit.

What could possibly compel me to turn and face a landscape gray with sin, black with despair, red with anger? Mercy, that has painted my life with colors I never imagined existed. Mercy I've received but all too often hold tightly to, choking out the color and life.

Mercy regains it's brilliance as it's released from my fingers, free to flow into a teeth gritted black heart. Can I live in the shadows of indifference, painting with my brush of fear? Will I step into the dazzling kaleidoscope that is flung wide by mercy?

Stop
Too often it's easy to tune the suffering of the world out. How is our heart growing to be more like Christ's if we shut our ears to the needs of our fellow humans, instead of meeting them with compassion? I am so not capable of mercy on that scale, it often costs more than I'm willing to give. But if I believe resurrection power is available for those who have faith, I don't have to be capable in myself. Does showing mercy to broken, needy people intimidate you? How do you deal with that fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!