Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Prayer

Wings. Not of bird or anything man made. Spirit wings, soaring high. Hearts bend together, hands clasp, words unite. Sisters plunge into wild flowing grace, lifting from earth, begin to soar. Hand in hand, hearts stand together before a saving Throne inhabited by true Love. Desire of heart, soul's need, hope breathed out; petition. There is no fear, Saviors blood spread thick covered brokenness long ago. Instead; awe, humility, bowing, all raised up by grace.
Gift of love is a sister for such a journey. My heart breathes thanks for the compassionate favor of such a God, knowing my need before even I was aware. He will "have mercy on whom he will have mercy." He alone gives rest. Dare we come, together and touch the face of God? Emboldened, needy we come and find what we're looking for, grace.


{I met my sweet prayer partner 4 years ago. We've been going into the presence of God together since that time, as needy, longing children. I've never known the presence of God or the answer to pray as I have when I pray with her. If you don't have a prayer partner I encourage you to ask God to give you such a gift.}

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Wanda, I'm truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A prayer partner is indeed a blessing. I love this, "spirit wings, soaring high..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saviors blood spread thick...thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and so is the photo. I go to the ladies auxiliary weekend retreat every year and we get a new prayer partner each year. Prayer partners are great. Someone should start a prayer partner group online.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!