Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sister to Sister: Significance

Welcome to Sister to Sister! The opportunity for you to write words of truth and honesty that bring encouragement to other sisters. Feel free to link up a story, a lesson, a quote, a song or a scripture that's meaningful to you. Be creative, be expressive, be real.

"He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16

Here's how it works:
* Every week I'll share a word I'm focusing on. If you'd like to join me in posting on that topic, wonderful. If not, link up with an encouraging post you'd like to share.

* Link up bellow and spread the love! Visit other sister's posts and let them know what their words mean to you!

*Grab the code for the Sister to Sister link up button from the sidebar to the right, or copy and past the graphic to the left linking this post to it, and invite others to join.

Are you ready? Join me this week in inspiring other women with your thoughts on:
Significance...

Do you ever feel insignificant? Yeah, me too. 

I had the recent pleasure of taking part in a Beth Moore conference that inadvertently spoke to me about worth. I love Beth Moore, the way she pours out her gift for the good of the church is stunning. It's hard for me not to be amazed by her and wish I had even an ounce of her ability.

At one point she walked up into the audience. I was pretty far away and had a hard time picking her out in the crowd. I used the zoom on my camera to see her better and take this picture. What struck me is how indistinguishable she really is from everyone else at that distance.
She was just a person in the crowd, she could have been anyone, a person just like me. I was reminded that God isn't looking for Beth Moore's, he's looking for the humble, the faithful. Beth Moore isn't more significant than God's other children; she may be more obedient or passionate, but not more important. God takes people who are nobodies, broken and needy, and gives them his power for the good of his church. Beth Moore is significant because God is merciful.

The same power that fuels Beth's spiritual gift fuels ours as well. Significance lies not with us but with God. Of course I know that, I just forget.

And then God reminds me that "there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all. However, he has given each one of us a special gift through the generosity of Christ." Ephesians 4:4-7

I'm not called to be Beth Moore, or anyone else, and neither are you. Our significance is unlocked by the power of a grateful heart. A heart that embraces the hope and gifting we've been given, all for God's glory.

Today let's thank God for his generosity in placing us in the body just where he wants us, for gifting us, for living through us, for giving us hope!

{To read about more significant women visit The Grace Cafe}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!