Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Unexpected

Yesterday I completely forgot my regular Sister to Sister link up, last week I forgot about Five Minute Friday and jumped in on Saturday. Aren't I a little young for this?! Well, today I remembered Five Minute Friday and I'm joining in with the topic, Unexpected.

Go:

A few short weeks ago my family jumped into a yellow moving van and disturbed our flow of life yet again, twice in one year is hard. Less than a month ago the flow of words rolled over me as a wave, constant and pounding. Gushing from my heart, I had so much to say and I was saying it. My blog felt like a home.

In the blink of an eye we went from sharing a home to living in our own, steady job, new community, nesting. I thought the sense of home would be profound. In some ways it has been, yet oddly enough the angle of homesickness has merely shifted. I long for face to face with Jesus more than ever.

I expected to return to writing, free flowing, consistent as soon as my feet touched southern soil and I cared for the worst of the boxes. But it hasn't been so. I expected to pick up where I left off. Since when does life bend to our expectations, I should have known better. Life refuses to be lived outside of the unexpected.

Stop.
Have you been dealing with the unexpected in your life? Do you handle life's unexpected moments with grace or fear? I confess I live in a mixture of both. I hope today your life is full on grace, submerged in the knowledge of Jesus presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!