Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

It amazes me how many opportunities we have every day to turn our hearts to thanksgiving. The praise is bubbling up in my heart this morning and I hope in yours as well. If however, life is pressing in hard and you feel the crush, take a deep breath and send up a note of praise. Perhaps you're not capable of a song at the moment, just a note, sing it out. A heart willing to praise God because he deserves it, will find joy. The notes of my song this week:

211. My little boy conquering a fear.
212. Christian Radio that lifts our hearts on the morning drive to school, we love car dancing and singing to Jesus.
213. Dirty though it may be, I'm thanking God for a bathroom to clean, I love indoor plumbing.
214. Deep red spray paint.
215. Sunny, warm days for outside fun.
216. Starting the morning with steamy, fresh blueberry muffins and a cup of tea.
217. Wind chimes singing to me through my open window.
218. Snuggles with a freckle faced boy.
219. Knowing that the sassy phase of our little angel will pass and learning long-suffering in the meantime.
220. Fanny Crosby's prolific hymn writing, a testimony to God being glorified in all circumstances.




I hope your day is filled with more than glimpses of grace and love but is truly awash in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!