Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Remember

How could I have forgotten that yesterday was Friday, Five Minute Friday?! My life rhythm is still new and unfamiliar, I'm growing in to the pattern and things get forgotten. So although it's late, I don't want to be left out of the Five Minutes on; Remember.

Go:

It's funny the things that connect a heart to a memory. This morning I lifted a cup of steaming raspberry tea to my lips and I remembered her. The dear one I had shared so many hours with talking about life, listening to the words of her heart found between the words she had spoken. Now far a way singing strains of beautiful opera in a city so huge it could drown you if you weren't anchored to the throne of God. I miss her and remember.

As I unpack a box of treasures, for my three year old princess' new mint and lilac bedroom, I touch memories with my hands. The quilt with little girls silhouetted in squares, stitched so many years ago by old women in my family, long since gone, unfolds memories of my childhood. Next out comes the small afghan with the pink rosettes, hooked by my Maw-Maw's gnarled fingers with love. It has a twin at another house, ready to offer up the same memories of love for my sister.

I remember so many other moments and gifts of love dotting my life like a field of pure white daisies. And I remember that I'm remembered by a Heart so much bigger than my own. And those memories of my heart, and His great heart remembering me, line up into one long string of precious gems of love strung out across my life. "Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you!" Isaiah 49:15

Stop

This weekend may you go about in the knowledge that you are remembered, never forgotten, always seen by your precious Father in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!