Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sister to Sister: Quiet

Welcome to Sister to Sister! The opportunity for you to write words of truth and honesty that bring encouragement to other sisters. Feel free to link up a story, a lesson, a quote, a song or a scripture that's meaningful to you. Be creative, be expressive, be real.

"He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16

Here's how it works:
* Every week I'll share a word I'm focusing on. If you'd like to join me in posting on that topic, wonderful. If not, link up with an encouraging post you'd like to share.

* Link up bellow and spread the love! Visit other sister's posts and let them know what their words mean to you!

*Grab the code for the Sister to Sister link up button from the sidebar to the right, or copy and past the graphic to the left linking this post to it, and invite others to join.

Are you ready? Join me this week in inspiring other women with your thoughts on: 
Quiet...

I'm not back to blogging quite as I had envisioned by this point. Some of that is due to a still spotty internet connection, but mostly it's due to my heart. I find my life has moved to a mode of receiving, of quietly absorbing, of shifting what has been to what is. 

Like a picture coming into focus I pause and strain to see clearly. My ears prick to hear the whoosh of life pumping in my ears. I feel the need to acclimate my senses, go slowly and become accustomed to a new direction.

As I sit before a blank computer screen, "listen" reverberates in my soul as if the Holy Spirit plucked a chord in my heart. I'm hesitant to add my voice to the roar, to jump back in to the steady stream of conscious thought. I'm as tentative as a baby stepping out on unfamiliar ground. 

Today God so clearly, and graciously, led my heart to Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Peace is a precious commodity, one I long for, and costing a great deal. It costs our entire focus, and shifting focus takes quiet moments.

The tug of silence and reflection, of solitude and stillness has been strong lately. And if you know me you know that's not natural, it's supernatural.

So as I step out on new ground in my life I intend to respond, to take quiet walks and time for prayer. How will that affect my blog? I don't know. But I do expect it to affect my heart in a powerful way.

How about you? Have you learned the balance of when to rest silent and when to speak? Do you have times of quiet consecrated for Jesus to speak and you to listen?

Here are some pictures from my recent quiet morning walks. 

I pray this week you will be still and know Him as your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!