Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

It's time again to start my week with Thanksgiving, I'm linking up at A Holy Experience. God is so gracious to teach us the benefit of living the life of disciplined thanksgiving, the joy and right focus that comes is a blessing. Some of the things I'm thankful for this week are:

201. Worshiping together as a church body, every member important, every act of worship precious.
202. Forty one hard fought years of marriage for my parents, a badge of honor. Each year a gift of refining and love. Teaching me how to live, teaching others about hope, teaching them about God's holy plan for his people. I honor and respect them for their commitment and sacrifice. And I worship God for his commitment and sacrifice to his precious people, without it forty one years would never have happened. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
 203. My marriage; a testing ground of faith, a comfort for this hard life, a joy of partnership.
204. Prayer, the joining of my heart with God's. How is it possible that he would want to hear from me, much less respond, sweet grace!
205. My handsome prince Caspian and adorable Cinderella, how I love those two.
 206. Boiled peanuts, church desserts, funnel cakes; some of the treats I've enjoyed this week.
207. The smell of warm salt air, pungent, greeting me every morning.
208. Sweet friendship. A weekend with my best friend from college, Nichole. Looking forward to enjoying her beautiful artwork on Maggie's bed for years to come.
 209. Grace for every stage of my life, whether I'm faithful or fretful.
210. Alabama sunsets.

What are you thankful for today? How have you seen God's hand of favor stretched out to you? I hope your week is filled with moments of grace and gratitude, tuning your heart to the Fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!