Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

Some days we live a hard worship, our heads getting ahead of our hearts. Staying still before Jesus goes against our frantic paced grain. I'm thankful when God draws me back to the business of worship. Today I'm praising him for:

181. Toddler and big boy hugs and kisses, little arms around my neck at homecoming.
182. Grace for my heart and theirs when the following days get bumpy and crabby.
183. Isaiah sharing his view of "the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. They were calling out to each other, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. The whole earth is filled with his glory!” Their voices shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entire building was filled with smoke."
184. Remembering that I'm sinful and not in a position to demand anything, but that by God's grace his Son's blood has put me in a position to receive everything of value.
185. Enjoying fall's popping colors and crisp air before moving to the land of palm trees and warm breezes.
186. Laughing with my husband at things only we think are funny.
187. Hot chai tea.
188. Books that hold up a mirror, exposing hidden vulnerability in our own hearts, while pointing to hope. Ian Morgan Cron's book Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me; A Memoir of Sorts is a great read.
189. Sticks, it's amazing what an imaginative little boy can do with them.
190. Knowing I have nothing to offer others but Jesus, that's freedom.

I hope your week is blessed by the vision of the Lord high and lifted up, reigning over your life. What are you thankful for?

Linking up with Ann Voskamp and her fellow joy seekers at A Holy Experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!