Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sister to Sister: Belonging

Welcome to Sister to Sister! I had a busy, crazy, exciting week. I'm looking forward to hearing from you, I hope you'll link up and share your heart!

Sister to Sister is the opportunity for you to write words of truth and honesty that bring encouragement to other sisters. Feel free to share a story, a lesson, a quote, a song or a scripture that's meaningful to you. Be creative, be expressive, be real.

"He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." Ephesians 4:16

Here's how it works:
* Every week I'll give us a word to focus on.

* Try to keep your post under 500 words. 

* Link up bellow and spread the love! Visit other sister's posts and let them know what their words mean to you!

*Grab the code for the Sister to Sister link up button from the sidebar to the right, or copy and past the graphic to the left linking this post to it, and invite others to join.

Are you ready? Join me this week in inspiring other women with your thoughts on:
Belonging...

Do you ever feel out of place, even in your own skin at times? I know I sure have. Sometimes I feel as awkward as a preteen in a borrowed dress at a formal dance. I play mental gymnastics that wear me out and leave me breathless. What is my purpose, where do I belong?

Then I remember soothing words and my heart beat slows and steadies. "For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father, who is over all and in all and living through all." Ephesians 4:4-6

One, not scattered or fractured, but one. I'm one with Jesus, one with my brothers and sisters, living one faith. My limited body and stirred up mind are made whole in the hope of one glorious future. 

Instead of living for myself, restless, I'm wrapped up in one. "So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it." 1 Corinthians 12:24-27 

There is no greater belonging than a work to share, love to give, hope to hold; together. One in Christ, knit together as a body. What an adventure to cast your lot in together, a rag tag band living a call. Fail or succeed our fate is the same; living life together, belonging to one another, children of the same Father. Truly it's the beautiful life.  

Do you have a place you belong? Are you committed to living life deeply with others? If not what's holding you back?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!