|Genesis church steeple|
Between the time of our first phone call from the Genesis church to the invitation to come serve, it was just 24 days! Actually we never applied to the church, we had never heard of Genesis until we got a phone call. Our name was passed on to them by our friend, Steve Pelt, who has recently become the senior pastor at the Genesis church in the neighboring town. God did all the work, we prayed and trusted, but he wove everything together in his way and time!
It's breathtaking when, for a moment, you glimpse a clear panorama of God's plan sweeping over the last several years of your life, explaining so much. That's how I feel about this last week, pieces of a puzzle have been fitting together.
Plus I have the added bonus of being a southern girl again! My eyes have danced over fields of cotton, my skin sighed beneath the breath of velvety southern air, my ears soaked in the music of accents lilting like poetry, home! No where in this wide earth will ever satisfy my wandering heart like heaven, but the south comes closer than anywhere I know!
So in a couple of weeks we'll join our hearts and lives with our new church family, and I'm thankful! To all who prayed I say thank you!
|cotton under a sultry southern sky|
172. For a home for my children.
173. New friends, already so dear.
174. For the delight of toes in sand and gulf breezes.
175. For good ole' southern hospitality.
176. Sweet tea.
177. For southern football.
178. Live oaks dripping with Spanish moss.
179. Celebrating God's faithfulness in both the hard wait and the arms flung wide blessing.
180. Seeing my kids soon! Oh how I've missed their little arms around my neck.
Linking up as usual with A Holy Experience.