Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Searching for Beauty

I'm linking up this weekend with Shanda at A Pause on the Path to search for beauty. Because in the looking there is finding.

 Beauty is friendship, new and old, near and far.
 Beauty is climbing high in the sky and finding a new perspective. A sunrise from the air is a whole other kind of beauty from one on the ground.
Beauty is rich, heavy air pressed on my skin. The smell of salt, the kiss of a breeze, the lulling of waves.

My week has been full of movement and change, questions and goodbyes, weary and excitement. Beauty has been there too, overshadowing moments with a song, turning my eyes in thanks to the Giver. Where have you found beauty this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!