Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Growing

I so enjoy linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday's. Her writing prompts make me think and the freedom of free flowing words is a joy. Why don' you hop over and give it a try. Today's prompt: Growing.

Go:

Little toes squeeze into snug little shoes. Ankles poke beneath jeans too short. Baby giggles replaced by young boy whoops. And little girl grins exchanged for big girl twirls. They're growing up, racing to be like me.

And yet as I watch innocent faith, breathed in a prayer, I wonder. Hearts stirred by wide eyed hope, grasping truth I still question. I'm moved at Maggie's confident proclamation, finger pointing, "Jesus right here in my heart!" How does a three year old know that?

A little boy so tender it squeezes my heart, I want a pair of eyes like his, superhuman to see things unseen. They are growing up, lightning fast, becoming like me.

Yet I find I am growing on the inside to become more like them. Childlike wonder, innocent faith, trust in a Parent I know but can't see. As they grow up to be like me, oh how I want to grow to be more like them. 

But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” Matthew 19:14
Max's first view of the ocean, unbridled wonder!
Stop 

How about you? Is your faith of the childlike variety? Full of confident trust, gape mouthed awe, full throttle hope, arms wide worship? I find wisdom of my own making and a stiff put on maturity too often is my enemy. Oh but I'm longing to be cured!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!