Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, August 8, 2011

Women who Inspire: The Sisterhood

Sister -  (from dictionary.com)
adjective
12. being or considered a sister; related by or as if by sisterhood: sister ships.
13. having a close relationship with another because of shared interests, problems, or the like.

I have been undeniably blessed by precious women in my life. Some close family, some that lived before my time, some have rubbed me hard smoothing away jagged edges, some young, some old, some who know my heart deeply and still love me, some I've never met. But all sharing a common relation, fellowship birthed from the blood of Jesus. Sweet family, a gift. These women have so energized my Christian walk I just had to introduce some of them to you. (I hope you will post a comment and tell me about the women who have blessed your life.)

This week's sister: 
I'm on vacation with my family this week. We're enjoying some much needed time with extended family. This week I'm taking some time off from blogging. 

So let me hear from you. Many times, my dear blog friends, your words encourage me. Will you share in the comments below a brief story of a 'sister' that has uplifted your heart? Pour out your beautiful words. Perhaps it was a family member or friend, a teacher or coach that has shown love, honor her. Who is it that you are grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!