Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

This has been a hard week. My husband, Chris, got word that a job he was hopeful to be interviewed for passed on him. So we're back to square one and on month four without income. It seems that the stakes for praising God in the hard times gets harder every week. Yet the harder it gets the more necessary praise becomes. A thankful heart pleases God and changes my perspective. So here I am, once again, saying thank you.

121.Flip flops and red painted toe nails.
122. Dark chocolate M&Ms and taste buds to enjoy them with!
123. A fuzzy friend to observe and chuckle over. (He's now cocooned in a bug house as we await his immersion as a moth.)
 124. A beautiful drive through the countryside of the north-east.
125. Arriving at the end of that long drive at grandparent's house for a visit.
126. Jeweled webs, drops of light sparkling in the sunshine.
 127. Grace spread thick over my life, whether I deserve it or not, which I don't but I'm thankful for.
128. A word of truth at just the right moment to keep me going.
129. Sweet treats made by sweet hands, lamb cupcakes just for fun.
130. The laughter of cousins becoming friends.

I'm linking up with Ann as I name gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!