Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, August 12, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Beauty

I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo at Gypsy Mama. On Friday's we write for five minutes, unedited, for joy, linking up we encourage other writers. Her prompt this week is Beauty. Lisa-Jo has been writing heartfelt truths this week about rediscovering beauty. If you would like to participate in Five Minute Friday, and I highly encourage it, head over to her site http://thegypsymama.com/ (I don't add a link because it messes up the format of my finicky blogger site.)

Go
My wedding day. Fresh, hopeful beauty.
Doesn't every woman ask the question, "Am I beautiful?" It oozes out of her actions and influences her thoughts and relationships. I know it has mine.

What do I know of beauty? My limited earth language struggles to find the tune, garbling the words. But I'm learning. I've had amazing teachers. Singing the song of grace sure and strong over me. Word of God speaking, Holy Spirit molding, godly women loving, little children caressing, and a husbands steady, strong love.

The definition of beauty in my mind has shifted, slipped, metamorphosized, even bloomed. As a child my sense of beauty was wild and untamed. Plaid was paisley's friend, flowers and borrowed high heels went with everything. Of course it didn't last.

The tangled terrain of youth choked out the true song of beauty. It's taken many years to turn my eyes from the lie and look full faced into truth. I am beautiful because He says so, my Creator, and wouldn't he know! I look close and I see it too, beauty growing, rooted deep in the soil of His love.
Now. Mature, stretch-marked, seasoned beauty.
Stop

(I confess this took me a little longer than 5 minutes, it's hard to tell. I kept being interrupted by a little beauty and her beautiful brother!)


Now it's your turn. Tell me your story of beauty.

{One last thing. If you'll look to the side-bar on the right you'll see a shameless plug for a couple of new features coming to Beck Far From Home!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!