Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

In this fragile time of transition for our family, practicing a thankful attitude affects us all as we continue to list abounding grace. Our basket keeps filling as we count gifts. My son, Max, and daughter, Maggie, are forming the habit of listing things they love, all day long. It's music to my ears. Listen to the music:

111. A little boy that gets excited talking about heaven. Wonder filling his heart at who he'll meet and loving Jesus.
112. Reading books together, snuggled on the couch in the cool air conditioned house on a hot afternoon.
113. Yummy butterscotch cookies, better when they're baked with little fingers helping, and tasting.
 114. Asking for forgiveness, and receiving it, like a cool shower of mercy.
115. Not always getting what I want, and being better because of it.
116. A husband I respect, believe in, and learn from. I love him more than I did twelve years ago, more than I did just yesterday.
117. Sharing the wonder of truth from God's Word with a loved one.
118. Grief over sin, over brokenness, over the human condition. In the grieving, faintly I hear the powerful vibration of Father love, through the tears.
119. A reminder that mercy in the shape of sacrifice, covers our sewer like guilt.
120. Tomorrow, fresh and new, waiting to be lived in, full of promise.

How is grace serenading the hard places of your life? Do you hear the music, what are you thankful for?

Linking up with A Holy Experience for multitudes on mondays:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!