Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beauty Through my Eyes: Stained Glass, Toledo Museum of Art

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Taking time for beauty makes us better; whether observing the beauty of creation, being moved by great music, seeing the world through poetry or being transported by a painting. There is joy to be found in the organic rhythm of beauty all around us. The more we open ourselves to appreciating beauty the more we will see it. Let me share with you a taste of the beautiful, I hope it will touch and enrich your heart.
Stained glass at the TMA Glass Pavilion
My three year old, Maggie, is often my little companion to the Toledo Museum of Art. Look closely, can you see her pigtailed silhouette in the top picture? We love to wander the stately halls filled with treasures. Art through her eyes is intriguing, what she notices and points out reveals a fresh perspective.


We loved this wall of stained glass in the Glass Pavilion. Lingering, we enjoyed color and texture. The variety of the squares, forming a brilliant continuity, pleasing my eye. Is that what Jesus sees when he looks at his church, awash in light, shades of variety, complementing each other? I wonder.


What beauty have you enjoyed this week? Has it helped you see life through a different perspective?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!