Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Still

Linking up with Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday, today she's over at incourage.me (I don't actually link up because blogger weirds out on me). We write for 5 minutes flat, unedited, for pure joy. Link up and share some encouragement. This week's prompt: Still.

Go:

Raindrops pitter patter rolling down the sides of the house, all blanketed in gray moisture, thunder rolling in the distance. Head laid back on the green chair, snapshots of life fill my mind. Stills in living color.

A fluff of white, flashing smile, heart spilling happy on wedding day. A boy and a girl grin, dressed in joyful splendor.
Baby toes, filling mama's cupped hand with pink, perfected, wonder. Hours of labor fade away as delight sets in, motherhood so fresh and new birthded with this little one.
Mama and daughter, embrace under southern sky. Air hangs thick and bugs dance, lighting the night. Hug to the toes, one more time, before she's off again to who knows where and the love lingers.
Little mans blue eyes proud, twinkle wonder on first day of school. Mama's heart fills, little feet walk away into growth and boyhood.
All gifts, still moments captured by my heart, held there. Markers of grace filed away to remember faithfulness poured out over me, still.

Stop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!