Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Glory kind of day

Friday morning started in wonder. I woke before my alarm and went early to be with Jesus. The world was softened by a blanket of mist, I was enchanted.



In a few hours the sun evaporated the clinging vapor and beauty changed faces. My family, along with our friends Mike and Terry, reveled in the freedom to enjoy. First we went to Magee Marsh for a little bird watching and nature soaking. Unable to capture tiny warblers flitting from tree to tree, I did enjoy photographing a variety of nature's other beauties. I loved watching Maggie and especially Max's enjoyment.





Finally we ended our day with a visit to Lakeside, a place of charm, beauty and tranquility. Our friends have vacationed at the quaint summer resort for decades. We walked by the water, enjoyed streets lined with lovely houses and ate delicious pizza.






After a treat of ice cream we began our drive home, my heart was full and content. And then just one more display of beauty.

  Praise the LORD, my soul.
   LORD my God, you are very great;
   you are clothed with splendor and majesty. 
He made the moon to mark the seasons,
   and the sun knows when to go down. 
 How many are your works, LORD!
   In wisdom you made them all;
   the earth is full of your creatures. 
Psalm 104:1,19,24

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming by my blog to visit. What a lovely home you have here....I so enjoyed your photos and post. God bless....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!