My friend Sarah was recently assigned a letter by her sister, who had been assigned a letter by a friend, to list 10 things she loves using that particular letter. I asked her for a letter to join in the fun. She assigned me L, so here are my 10 things that I love beginning with L...
1. Laughter~it really is the best medicine! I love hearing the laughter of my children, especially Maggie's little belly laughs. And I love letting loose and laughing so hard with a group of girl friends that you cry and can't catch your breath. I also love laughing with my husband at our own inside jokes and at each others silliness.
2. Latitude 33° 39' N Longitude 84° 26' W~the location of Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta holds many dear memories, especially for Chris and me. We went to the Atlanta Olympics together, which was quite an experience. It was also the destination of many wonderful dates, to the zoo, the Fox Theatre, the coke museum, the Sun Dial at the top of the Peach tree. I think she's a grand old town, full of life and a beautiful history.
3. Learning~I love to learn; about God, myself, nature, other people, the world, history, a new skill, random facts... I love learning.
4. Leaves~When I was little we would collect all kinds of leaves, iron them between wax paper and then glue them together in a collage. I've always liked the different colors, shapes and textures. I love the rustling sound they make in the fall as you walk through them. I used to be able to identify a lot of different trees by their leaves, I'm afraid there aren't many trees to identify in the west.
5. Letters~We don't send or receive many letters anymore with the convenience of electronic mail. But I still like to get the occasional card. I especially like to receive cards and letters at Christmas, it seems to be the one time of the year you can count on mail.
6. Lazy days~Friday and Monday mornings Chris has time off. Often we spend time snuggling Daddy in the bed, sometimes he and Max eat breakfast in bed. I try not to worry about all the things I need to get done, but just be together as a family.
7. Lemon curd~I love my red tea set and a delicious pot of tea. I enjoy having scones or some other pastry to go with it. My favorite condiment for those pastries is lemon curd. No tea party is truly complete without it for me.
8. Legos~What a clever toy, you can make anything with them they encourage creativity and imagination. My favorite aspect of legos is that they entertain Max for hours!
9. Longfellow~I love the poetry of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. My favorite of his works are The Children's Hour, The Day is Done and a Psalm of Life. His poems have a wonderful way of capturing the essence and beauty of life.
10. Love~How could I have a list of things starting with L without including love. I've been blessed with so much love in my life. I've been blessed by the love of my family for years. Loving and being loved by my children has been life changing. Then of course the blessing of being sheltered and protected by the love of my husband. He's the only man I've ever loved and I'm thankful. All of that love, I know, is really a love gift from Jesus. No true love ever comes from another source than the Author of love. He is the one my heart truly loves.