Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Buddies

Max is experiencing one of life's real sorrows for the first time. A parting. His friend Jacob is moving in a few weeks. His Dad is taking a church in Kentucky. When I first told him about the move he sobbed and said "I won't have a best friend anymore." It was heartbreaking. They've been two peas in a pod and really love each other. I know this transition is going to be a tough one for my little boy. I expect a few weeks of him being moody and clingy. I'm praying God will meet his needs for comfort and friendship. Also that I will be wise in helping him sort out this big change.

1 comment:

  1. Good byes are painful to experience and painful to watch. No easy way to get through it and no good advice as to how to ease the hurt. At least not that I know of or I would have implimented it by now.

    I'll be thinking about both of you as you say your "good-byes"

    M

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing you sweet comments!