Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Give Thanks!


I woke up with a song on my heart today "Give thanks to the Lord our God and King for he is good his love endures forever", scripture set to music. Everyday is a day to give thanks but I think it's right and good to set time aside to corporately and intentionally acknowledge God's goodness reigning over our lives.

And while I'll eat too much stuffing and my favorite tradition is watching the parade, I pray that in the hard moments of the coming year I'll hearken back to the bounty of today and my soul will feast.

Let the trees of the forest sing,
let them sing for joy before the Lord,
for he comes to judge the earth.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
Cry out, “Save us, God our Savior;
gather us and deliver us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to your holy name,
and glory in your praise.”
1 Chronicles 16:33-35

I trust today that your cup will overflow as you look back over the year and marvel at God's faithfulness and look ahead in trust to the coming year! What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!