Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Spontaneous Hallelujah!

I feel the need today to shout out a Hallelujah to the God who makes zinnias grow in November, who doesn't laugh at a girl who wants to go to Serbia, who gives out gifts like every day is Christmas, who makes flesh and blood strangers sisters of the heart, who causes four year old laughter to sound like sunshine, who lets us rest our faith on his ability to be faithful. To that God, the living one, I have to give a shout out!
I'm thankful for a husband who has gotten used to my idiosyncrasies and doesn't make me feel bad for them but doesn't feel the need to follow suit either, he just lets me be me.
I'm thankful for color. That instead of black and white, or shades of blue, God splashed the world with a pallet that defies description. For orange butterflies sipping nectar daintily in the November sun.
I'm thankful for a little boy filled with curiosity, wearing a coon skin cap. For a little boy who's sensitive and sorry when he does what's wrong. Who loves his little sister and thinks she's cute, and mostly not annoying.

I'm thankful that when I need mercy and call out for it that it's never lacking. That knowledge gives me courage to go big and not be afraid to fail because mercy is what I'll get every time!

It's good to say thank you, to shout out praise, and name some gifts! How about you what's got your heart jumping and your face smiling lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!