Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, August 24, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Join

I'm joining up with Lisa-Jo and her fabulous group of Fridayers! Today is five minutes on; Join:

Go:

An invitation to join the messy is living across the street. A broken mommy, angry daddy, scarred children. Once a people group I would have shied away from. Who wants to be splattered by sin and pain, someone else's, regularly?

"Join me." It was an invitation. A command. A plea, a gift. Jesus was already there, knee deep in mess. Trembling I put one foot on the driveway, a path to a neighbor's front door, and joined the work. At moments the amount of pain takes my breath away.

I have never heard so many foul words strung together in one breath, truly it's a skill. The little eyes that seek out mine have seen depths of pain and abuse I've only read about. But here they are, in front of me.
The grace Jesus gives meets the pain. I sense it, they need it, he brings it. So in one hand I grab a hold of Jesus, and in the other take hold of trembling fingers, in a grasp of love. In the gloaming we stand at the edge, between a house of pain and a house of refuge, swatting bugs and surrounded my tumbling laughter, hearts touching. I'm in.

Stop

How about you? What have you joined lately? Where is God leading you to join him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!