Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mountain Retreat

What goes well with pictures from a lovely mountain retreat? The poetry of Emily Dickinson of course! My family's time at my parents mountain cabin was refreshing and sweet. I hope you find a moment of quiet repose in these images and words.

XXI
Emily Dickenson

The grass so little has to do, -
A sphere of simple green,
With only butterflies to brood,
And bees to entertain

And stir all day to pretty tunes
The breezes fetch along,
And hold the sunshine in its lap
And bow to everything;
Crowning the hill
A glimpse of home
Quiet beckons
Proudly posing blue beauty
Little fingers collecting summer time treasures
Blackberries not yet black guarded by a sentinel daisy
Walks with a friend are always the best
Summer donned her lacy gown
A creative display of grasses
Goodbye!
  And thread the dews all night, like pearls,
And make itself so fine, -
A duchess were too common
For such a noticing.

And even when it dies, to pass
In odors so divine,
As lowly spices gone to sleep,
 Or amulets of pine.

And then to dwell in sovereign barns,
And dream the days away, -
The grass so little has to do,
I wish I were the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!