Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, June 29, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Dance

I love the opportunity Lisa-Jo gives her readers to join in the writing. Her fingers pounding, heart thumping, joy of creating community is a gift. If you want to have some writing fun hop over to her page. Today the writing prompt is; Dance.

Go:

Creation's been compared to a symphony and I agree. Can you see it dance? There's the mighty mountain lumbering, a cascade of pebbles clatter to his feet, imperceptible in his motion. The stars overhead, twinkle a far off ecstasy. The motion of their dance written across the sky, in a seasonal pattern of glory. The trees sway, hands lifted like a pentecostal choir. The variety of height and color brush stroked across land. A mountain brook, jumping from heights in a swirling, twirling waterfall, may be the most joyous dancer of all. Giving itself to the dance in an abandon almost reckless.

I find myself amongst them. Catching my breath as I catch the beat, amazed I've found the rhythm. Just as quickly I stumble, trip, fall. Leaving the line in search of lesser things. But I'll be back tomorrow, searching for the rhythm. It's under my skin put their the moment God said "Let there be..."

Stop

How about you? Do you feel you have two left feet in the dance of life? If so it takes practice to find the joy, rhythm, and beauty of creation. Thankfully dancing lessons are free! The Holy Spirit whispers the steps in our ears and our Father holds our hands and lets us step on his feet. Take a moment today. Can you hear the rhythm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!