Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, May 7, 2012

Anticipation

I've been in a quiet, contemplative, prayerful place for the last week. I posted this as a facebook status last Thursday and it describes my heart well:
Sometimes wrestling with God leaves me limping, tender footed, and quiet. The hours spent in the vice grip of truth, seeking God's face, takes it's toll on my blustery confidence. I put my hand over my mouth, and walk out humbly. Aware that my confidence can only be in God's righteousness and never my own.
This week I'm praying to walk out in the confidence of God's truth and grace in my life. I'm living in a sense of anticipation. One thing I'm anticipating is a birth. Not a new baby in my family or friend circle, but a spiritual birth. My neighbor shows signs of being ready to be born into new life and I'm praying God will use me as an effective midwife. I'm praying to love her and her family with a compelling, honest, attractive love. I'm praying the Holy Spirit opens her heart to truth.

I offer her summer squash and a bible, both wrapped in life giving prayers. I've never witnessed a death to life, first gulps of grace, birth. But I imagine just like any baby's birth it's messy and bloody and there's crying and celebrating and the soft hush of the miraculous.

What are you anticipating this week? Do you expect the miraculous? Where do you hope to see truth born out in grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!