Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, March 9, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Empty

I enjoy Fridays and a few moments just to write from the heart. Visit The Gypsy Mama to join in and read other five minute offerings. Today Lisa-Jo's prompt is; Empty.

Go:

Young, dark eyed Mama sitting at the table. Three pairs of hungry eyes looking back, watching and waiting. Empty tummies, and an empty cupboard, she's calling out in faith. Muller like prayer takes wings and carves truth on listening hearts. Father we're trusting in you. "Thank you for this food you will provide," and her heart asks for faith to believe what she just prayed.

Knock at the door at the moment of amen. Bread, orange juice, food for another day. Faith is spilling like a cloud of grace down her face, in this moment, over the watching hearts. He likes us best empty. Free for the filling, needy of his love. Hungry hearts receive mana more readily than full ones. Oh Father empty us of all that substitutes and give us the Bread of Life.

Stop

That powerful encounter of God's very real provision set the tone for my spiritual life. In seminary at the time, my parents only way of following God in obedience was through trust. I've thought of that moment so many times in my life. God has reminded me over and over that it is his hand that sustains, his truth that establishes, his authority that calls to obedience. As we pour ourselves out on the altar of faith he gives us something better, his indestructible life in exchange for our broken one.

Where are you empty and needy today? God is asking you to call out in faith for his filling. He longs to empty you of the lies that hold you captive and the fear that keeps you blind. In it's place he will pour in the very nature of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!