Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Satisfied by Love

On waves of velvety darkness swells a deep thrumming tone, a rhythm and cadence, rising and falling. A voice, is it a voice? "You're beautiful." A whisper, an echo?

But an icy darkness clutches my chest and I can't believe. Or is it refuse? Smaller voices contradict. "Not enough, fool, unloved, boring, failure, fake, cheap, fraud, silly, dreamer, forgotten, uninvited," the hot words lick like fire, hissing in my ear. A raw ache buried deep down aches like a wound.

Glittering grace drips from my fingers. Like a child bored with a day old toy I toss it aside for something different. Even as I reach for fire, deep and steady I hear the pulse rumble, reminding me of the lullaby a child hears in it's mother's womb. Tucked snug under her heart, soothed by her body's life song. I feel it in my feet, like it's coming from underground, the air shimmers hot and yet it resonates from far away. "You are beautiful."

My eyes peal away from small, ordinary people; great big larger than life people; tiny hidden forgotten people. And I concentrate on the sound. My head cock's like a greedy robin, searching for a meal. I hear it, hum loudly in the vibrations of the earth, crashing like cymbals on sandy shores, pealing like a bell from stormy skies. "Fearfully, wonderfully, you." I strain my ears for more.

"The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

I pray today you and I embrace the truth of God's word concerning us instead of fighting it; saved, loved, at peace, sought, HIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!