Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adventures in Gardening ~ Seeds

Today little seeds sleep in the dirt of my garden, tucked in the soil, I watch and wait patiently for signs of life. Isn't that so like the seeds of truth we sow in hearts. Those seeds are watered by the Word of God, the sunshine of grace falls warmly, the soil of love nourishes. We patiently, watchfully, prayerfully wait.

It's true in our own lives as well. Sometimes God reminds us of one of his promises, or we're convicted anew by truth we had forgotten or ignored. At first we may not see life springing up in us, or those around us. But the seed of promise grows as we hold fast in faith. The Gardener tends our hearts, pulling out lies, fertilizing with difficult life circumstances, watering with his life giving Word, and the seed begins to grow. Little leaves of hope and joy, faith and obedience poke their heads from the soil of love and flourish.

Patience produces a garden of love, a place of intimacy to walk with the Author of Love; a crop of love to nourish the hearts of the church.

"(Groom) I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh with my spice. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk. (Friends) Eat, friends, and drink; drink your fill of love." Song of Song 5:1

Today let's purpose to water the seeds of truth planted deep in our own hearts, and the hearts of our brothers and sisters, to partner with the Gardener in faith. Let's look forward to a bounty of love. How can I pray for you as you hold on to hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!