Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, January 13, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Awake

I love linking up with Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday's. Her words are filled with grace and the community of ladies a joy. This week's writing prompt; AWAKE:

Go:

Suddenly a voice calls across the distance into my heart. Like a trumpet blast awakening my soul. I sit bolt upright and blink my eyes, as startled as if a bucket of ice water had been splashed across my face. I didn't realize I had been sleeping but I'm utterly aware of my awakeness now.

Awake to the great Father heart whooshing in deep cosmic heart beat of parental love. Awake to the littlest ones of life that need that love, expressed to them through our heart and hands.

A blind eye was all I had previously, I chose soul sleep over the sharp burn of awake in my soul. But not now. My eyes are no longer senseless to the big pleading eyes of my little fellow orphans in life.

Now I see those hungry hearts that have never had the chance to utter that beautiful word, "Mommy." In the dark when they are afraid, no one to call mommy. In the morning longing for a warm hug, no mommy to call. For every moment of every day, no mommy. Many of them went from the hospital of their birth to the orphanage where there are not enough arms to care for them. They've never known a parent.

My heart sleeps no longer, I'm awake. Awake to the adoptive love that has transformed me, so generously given by my Father. Awake to the voices I hear with my heart, though not my ear, voices calling for love and home.

Stop

I'm sure that took me more than the allotted five minutes. I was stopped by children a couple of times and lost track!

This is the work God is doing in my heart. To know my own adoption and the price that was paid for me and then translate that into the language of compassion for others. To see with love, but more than that, respond. I'm still such a toddler and the words and behaviors garbled and unnatural. But I'm sensing the delight of my Father as I look to him to learn, to watch what he does and mimic it.

What has God awakened your heart to lately? Are you learning new truths?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!