Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, December 2, 2011

Remember Me?

{Today I'm thankful to have Shannon Milholland from Jesus and My Orange Juice sharing her heart with us today! I am always refreshed by the words God speaks through her. Her recent posts on prayer, which she has turned into a 30 day Prayer Guide, have so encouraged me; I invite you to visit her blog to download this great resource here! Also, I'm sharing at Shannon's blog, so stop by to hear what's on my heart.}

Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness. Deuteronomy 8:2 

Unqualified. Unable. These were the words that rang in my head when God first stirred in my heart to write a prayer guide. Prayer has always been what I felt “worst” at when it came to being a Christian. Why would God ask me to pen a work on which I had no expertise?

So He would get all the glory.

Over the last three months I’ve been writing a 30 day prayer guide. Its format is different than any I’ve seen. Because I couldn’t rely on my instinct, even the structure and layout was something I asked God about.

In fact, I asked Him for every word. I KNEW I wasn’t qualified so I had to go to the One who is. Now don’t get me wrong, I pray at the start of every writing assignment but this was different. I literally asked God, begged Him really, to give me the words for His people. I had no words.

I have spent three months in this position with God. In this place of total dependency my faith has grown deep roots because my heart is firmly planted in Him.

So what now? What if He asks me to do something next that I feel a measure of confidence about? I will remember.

During this busy season where it’s so easy for me to neglect time with Him, I will remember. 

During this time when I have more “to dos” than I have energy, I will remember.

I will remember among festooned trees, frosted cookies, frequent parties and festive wrappings.

Sweet sister, won’t you join me and remember Him too?  
Shannon is the author of Jesus & My Orange Juice, a fresh-squeezed oasis for ordinary life. She finds joy among miles of carpools and piles of laundry and delights in leading others to this place of contentment in life. Join the conversation at Jesus & My Orange Juice where God shows up in her everyday life.

When not writing, you can find Shannon speaking to audiences with a message of hope and encouragement. Straight forward about her own struggles, Shannon is a compassionate advocate fighting for victory in the lives of her audience. Read more at www.shannonmilholland.com.

You can also connect with Shannon on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!