Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Connection

It's time to link up with the Gypsy Mama, today we're writing for five minutes on; Connected. 

Go
On the other side of the world are small children without home and comfort, with needs and hopes. Far across oceans and land, waits an orphan that I long to hear call me mama. Their eyes are tilted almonds, their bodies flexible, their little minds challenged, some with heart problems and tummy problems. Down syndrome beauties. 

Between these little hearts and my fast beating one stretches a cord of supernatural love, connecting us. A cord of prayer, a cord of hope, a cord of life. 

The connecting cord holds strong, not because of my flimsy, stary-eyed love. But because of the great, pumping, rhythmic beat of cosmic Love's song. Sung over you, sung over me. And I'm beginning to see it, our Father's love is so deep and wide, so vast, as to embrace the tiny broken victims, the care givers who don't care, and people like me who for years have walked in calloused oblivion.

"The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Can you hear his song, singing over you, singing over the orphan, the drug addict, the movie star, the politician, the world? His heart connects us in our great need, in his great love.

Stop 

Chris and I have begun exploring the possibility of international adoption. When I began thinking about adoption months ago I had imagined in-state adoption, due to cost and practicality. However, my heart longs to adopt a child with Down syndrome (DS) and honestly they are hard to adopt in America. The reason being that in America prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome typically results in abortion or the family chooses to keep the baby. There are waiting lists in America for a DS baby. In Eastern European countries children with Down syndrome are routinely placed in orphanages at birth, they are available and needy now.

This is a God sized task, but one I feel him calling us to. To obey we will need help; prayer, funds, support and encouragement. Will you join us now in praying? We would love your prayer for God's direction and confidence in this matter. We will need a new vehicle as our family grows. And of course there's the cost, which is substantial. I'm excited to see God's provision as he answers prayer and gets the glory for rescuing a precious little one! 

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Psalm 68:5-6, "Father to the fatherless, defender of widows - this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!