Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, September 30, 2011

Five Minute Friday: On Friendship

I look forward to joining in the free flow of word on Friday, linking up with Lisa-Jo and all her friends. Today we're talking about just that. The prompt; On Friends.

Go
I join my hands in a long chain down through time, dancing and twirling. Children and old, women and men, dear ones, connecting at the heart.

Eyes catch twinkling merry, laughter flung wide. Heavy sigh falls on warm heart, soft as a bed to rest upon. Shoulders pull in the harness of life, hands work together. Sharing life, need, toil.

Yet these relationships are pictures of what's to come. We smooth rough edges, learn to love. Until perfect friendship dawns, one in heart at last. Gathering together around the wedding feast, community, final victory won!

Together we will stand shoulder to shoulder, face to face with the great Friend. Having followed the signposts home.

"So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God." Romans 5:11

Stop

You may also want to read my thoughts on homesickness and when life disappoints. I'm sharing those at my blog friend Kris' site Always Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!