Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

I'm linking up with Ann Voskamp and her grateful community this Monday. My son, Max, and I continue to look for God's gifts. Our basket of numbered thanks, on colorful slips of paper, is filling up. Some of our gifts this week are:

161. Soul hunger, driving me deeper in search of satisfaction, leading me to Jesus.
162. Teaching my little ones about the One who made them. And who made tiny, frilly mushrooms.
163. Legos (Max)
164. After cloudy days, golden light filtering through the last of summer's green.
165. Cupcakes! (Maggie; she's also thankful for cookies, cake and ice cream!)
166. How does He do it? Marveling with my little girl at the intimacy of God and flowers and hearts.
167. Yummy food, friends, and laughter. A celebration!
168. Sweet family time and a golden face hung high above to smile us home.
169. Enjoying the poetry of Alfred Noyes, his words washing over me song like in sweetness and power.
170. Waiting, the time tuning my heart to what's important, teaching me the language of gratitude and satisfaction.

But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. Psalm 59:16

How about you? Is your heart lifted on wings of thanksgiving or laboring under a heavy burden today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!