Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Women who Inspire: The Sisterhood

Sister -  (from dictionary.com)
adjective
12. being or considered a sister; related by or as if by sisterhood: sister ships.
13. having a close relationship with another because of shared interests, problems, or the like.

I have been undeniably blessed by precious women in my life. Some close family, some that lived before my time, some have rubbed me hard smoothing away jagged edges, some young, some old, some who know my heart deeply and still love me, some I've never met. But all sharing a common relation, fellowship birthed from the blood of Jesus. Sweet family, a gift. These women have so energized my Christian walk I just had to introduce some of them to you. (I hope you will post a comment and tell me about the women who have blessed your life.)


This week's sister:
I've wrestled with writing about this week's sister. Mostly because while highlighting her generosity it exposes my neediness. But I'm compelled to share her story of kindness in hopes we may all be encouraged to be more giving people, especially myself.

My family moved in with Terry, and her husband Mike, almost seven years ago. My son Max was eighteen months at the time, when we moved out he had just turned 3; Maggie was merely a dream. We lived with them for eighteen months as we searched for God's plan and work for us. God answered and we served for four years in ministry in Wyoming.

Five months ago, after our ministry ended, we moved back in with Terry and Mike. Now a family of four, we take up a lot of space, the entire basement as a matter of fact. It's a humbling position to be in.

Home is a big deal to women, and if you've read my blog for long you'll know, it's a really big deal for me. Our earthly home echos our heavenly home, it speaks of security and belonging. I don't have a home right now, my children don't either, and we feel it.

But Terry (and Mike, but I'm writing about sisters here) shared her home with us. You don't get much more personal than a home, to me that's amazing generosity! She gives us space, shares everything, plays with my kids, loves us. Maggie adores Terry (and Mike) she follows her around like a little shadow!

How do you thank some one who has offered such kindness? I can't. I praise God that in his mercy he shows compassion and I want to live with humble generosity in response.

Have you been humbled by someone else's generosity in your life? How did you respond?

Terry and Maggie enjoying Lakeside together
{Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Sister to Sister link up where we share words of encouragement with our online sisters. Hint, tomorrow's prompt so you can be thinking ahead is: Freedom}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!