Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Basket Full of Thanks {Mondays}

My life, and I imagine at times yours, can feel like a continuous wrestle. Eyes lock on the storm brewing up ahead, or wave poised to crash. Events like hurricanes, earthquakes and a tough economy remind me how small I am. My sin nature raises it's ugly head and I fight a battle for holiness once again. Life is hard. I was reminded on Saturday that eyes on the storm produce fear, eyes on God produce bold faith.

 1 God is our refuge and strength,
      always ready to help in times of trouble.
 2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
      and the mountains crumble into the sea.
 3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
      Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!
                     Interlude
 4 A river brings joy to the city of our God,
      the sacred home of the Most High.
 5 God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed.
      From the very break of day, God will protect it.
 6 The nations are in chaos,
      and their kingdoms crumble!
   God’s voice thunders,
      and the earth melts!
 7 The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
      the God of Israel is our fortress.
Psalm 46:1-7

I love the last verse "The Lord of Heaven's Armies is here among us!" Eyes on the prize, what a promise to one day say the Lord is here among us! True his Spirit dwells with us now, God is ever present. But I'm longing for a different dwelling, a perfect face to face one. It makes my heart skip a beat!

Today, I'm thanking once again, counting joy, looking for beauty. A heart fixed on Jesus, with eyes ready to see, always finds what it's looking for. Last week I saw:

141. My family with eyes shining full of love, ready to give, ready to receive.
142. A little boy with a sense of humor, a tender heart, a growing mind, a forgiving spirit. Oh how I love him!
143. A husband who is faithful, tender, patient. Mine!
144. Laughter
145. A princess, in all her pink finery, what a delight.
146. Baptism, celebrating new life.
147. Community; hard work, holy ground.
148. Cool morning breezes floating through open windows.
149. Hugs
150. Word of God, speaking to me, changing me, setting my mind on truth.

Are you in a place of struggle, is life shadowed by storm clouds brewing, or are you enjoying a calm place of peace? Then praise him, always praise. Linking up with Ann Voskamp for Multitude Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!