Made for another world

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in the world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C. S. Lewis

Friday, August 19, 2011

Five Minute Friday: New

I love linking up on Friday's with Lisa-Jo and all of her friends to write out of pure joy and creativity. Five Minute Friday is a time to write for five minutes on a prompt without editing or over analyzing. Then link up with other's and spread some encouragement. If you haven't tried it, why not?! You can visit here, linking messes up my page, http://thegypsymama.com/. This week's prompt: New

Go

This world is tattered and frayed around the edges. Shattered right down deep to the heart. Worn out, lovely as it is, one day it will be cast aside like an old shoe. 

And yet in the wearing out we see glimpses of new, of God's re-creating. It's in the delicate shimmer of a butterfly wing. New creation unfolding, wonder.
 It's in the swell of life, hidden in a robins blue treasure. New hope ready to burst forth and take flight. A reminder of life to come.
 It's in the unfurling sweetness of a tiny pink bud. Fresh and new, spring triumphant once again. Mantel of hope flung across the world.
And yet I know instinctively I am not home yet. I'm traveling to my new home. A place of recreated beauty where gossamer wings never droop and fade, where bird songs don't fall silent, where the bloom doesn't loose it's blush. 

Isaiah says it better than I, "See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy." (Isaiah 65:17-18) Each glimpse of beauty here makes me hold my breath in anticipation for the better beauty to come. All things new, re-created.

Stop

{If you haven't already downloaded a free copy of my new ebook Sister to Sister; A Mentor's Handbook let me invite you to do so. I write about my passion for connecting with other women and offer truths to help you invest in the women in your life. Get a copy today!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing you sweet comments!